Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Romanian Point Lace Update

Has anyone noticed the cool addition to blogger - "STATS"! It turns out that Romanian Point Lace gets more views on my blog than anything else!? So I thought I should have an update.

I have been working on my table center (the pattern is from a January 1990 issue of "Anna" magazine).

I also made all the flower centers and the two extra circles I need for the table center. They are double crochet rings around a loop of thread (the flower centers are made up of three rows and the extra rings are two rows).

I have also figured out how to make the braid that is to go around the whole table center (I need 2.2metres of this).


The pattern for this braid is -

Work 1 double crochet into the 2nd of 4 chain, 3dc into the 1st chain,
*make 1 turning chain (turn work), work 1dc into the 1st dc, 3dc onto the 2nd dc*
repeat *-* as required.

The pattern is from the Anna magazine - since I don't really know how to crochet I hope this is what I have made! It looks nice anyway!
I don't think I would use this braid as a substitute for the regular braid, I think it is meant to be an edging braid.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...