Sunday, March 31, 2024

Week 13 of 2024

I finished sewing the quilted jacket! 

This was made using a heavily modified Lutterloh pattern (#77 from supplement #320 - a vintage pattern that I made a French Terry jacket with a while ago). I removed the collar from the pattern.
Increased the centre fronts so I would have room for buttons and buttons holes.
Also made the sleeves longer and narrower. To finish the seams on the jacket I used an overlocker/serger, but I covered the seams for about 6" on the sleeves, so that they would look nice when folded back.
The bias binding on the jacket was leftover from a quilt I had made years ago (I had just enough!).
This was the original quilt top (more details on a previous post found here).
I also finished weaving some more tea towels. Made from 2/8 cotton, and one woven with some cotton chenille too, in a Huck pattern.
I sewed a top for my Mom from fabric my sister had given her (some kind of a stretch rayon).
It is from a Lutterloh pattern - #123, from supplement #322 (I had made her one last summer without sleeves and she loves it).
I turned the heels on my socks, so now this will become my take along project since it is just round and round knitting until all the yarn is used up (knitting from both ends of the ball).
Three months on the temperature blanket, and I should start seeing new colours soon with winter over!

Photos from Around -

Sunrise a few days ago.
Miss Maggie on a mission (more than likely to find a snack).
Molly playing catch (we had more snow this past week).

All the best!♥︎

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...