Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Table Runners

This past week I finished weaving a couple of table runners (and some extra)-

The warp is cottolin and the weft is all handspun.
This was the first one. I tried all kinds of different weaving techniques for this one, and it took a while.
So for the second one I just wove blocks of colour, with a couple of long locks added here and there.
To finish up the warp I used up all kinds of little bits of leftover handspun.
I think I will make a pillow cover with this piece.

Photos from Around-

We had a couple more storms this past week.
The highway that goes around the large city I live near has been closed 7 times this year - 3 times in the past week! Apparently the highway closing hasn't happened in years.

There were storms with lots of snow.
Some with high winds
Some with both.
Lots of shovelling happened,
Molly is always happy for that.
Luckily most of the snow removal happens with a tractor (Molly stays away from that).
The top of a pickup truck is still visible.
This morning it was foggy - yesterday was above freezing.
We have to duck under tree branches along our walking path now.

Peace!♥︎

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...