Monday, December 24, 2018

Christmas Eve

My Christmas Eve started by snowshoeing very early-

the sodium yard light casts a nice orange glow

bundled up warm
 We had a couple days of snow - it was really nice, not storming, just light fluffy snow.


The Partridges had to dig deep for seeds (the one on the right is barely visible).


We were clearing the pond early this morning too (a perk of living with no neighbours is being able to run the quad at 7:30 in the morning) - ready for lots of family skating time over the Christmas holidays!

I finished a few projects this past week -


Another gnome. This time a giant one (12" to the tip of his hat). I used some of my first hand spun yarn, somewhere between worsted weight and bulky - it was perfect for this.

Much bigger than the first gnomes I made
I finished spinning a couple more skeins of yarn-


The four skeins all together -


Started like this -


I also sewed another York Pinafore dress (a pattern from Helen's Closet) -


This is the third one I have made (it is so comfortable! Perfect with leggings for the winter). This time I made it in some wool fabric that I inherited about 15 years ago (about time I used it).
In the above photo I am looking down at a cat visitor..


Here is a photo of him/her outside the window. We seem to attract a black cat where ever we live. This one is very timid, and not as friendly as the one at our last house.

Wishing everyone a joyous festive season!♥︎
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...