Monday, November 26, 2018

Finished a Sew Along and Started a Knit Along

I am so thrilled that we did make a Burgoyne Surround quilt for the mystery Secret Santa Sew Along from the Temecula Quilt Company!


Here it is as a flimsy,


and all quilted. It is about 45"x57".


The perfect size for the back of the couch. It would be a great baby quilt too. I would recommend copying the pattern if you think you might ever want to make one of these quilts because the free sew along patterns don't usually stay too long on the Temecula Quilt Company blog - here is a link for all the Secret Santa Sew Along blocks  (sorry if the link doesn't work, they have probably taken the patterns down).


I used silk batting (Hobbs Tuscany), Minky for the backing and Bottom Line 60wt thread in the top and bobbin for the free motion quilting. I used a simple meander quilting pattern, because that is my favourite to stitch. The Minky backing is a pale green.


It seems like it have been ages since I have made a 'proper' quilt, and I couldn't be happier with this one!


Now I have started a mystery knit along - a Julenatt mitten from Skeindeer Knits. I spun the yarn for it last week (all fingering weight yarn from more of the local raw fleece I was given), but after a few different tries I ended up using only one of the above colours (I knit the first clue 4 times with different pattern choices, colours and needles!).


This is what I have at the moment, but it still might not be in the final mitten. Still all hand spun yarn.

Grey Partridges

Snow drifts by the other pond.
All the best!♥︎
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...