Thursday, November 3, 2016

Growing Medallion Quilt

I finished piecing the Saw Tooth block border (I need to buy some fabric for the plain fabric border/floater border, so it isn't attached yet).

I also starting piecing Courthouse Steps blocks for the outer pieced border on the quilt. This quilt will be a full sized bed quilt when finished.

Recently I have had to take apart a couple of knitting projects that were not working out, so I decided to start something new, and I did some dyeing.

This is the first gradient spun up, and I have started knitting a cowl. This was a quick spin to make 'Energized Singles' - there is a lot of twist in the yarn, which creates an interesting texture to the knitting (because of all the twist it is knit straight from the bobbin). This is the first time I have tried this technique - it is always good to try something new! This gradient is the bottom one in the above photo that shades to green.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...