Friday, February 5, 2016

QAL Blocks and Dizing


I am still sewing 365 Challenge blocks (although I was tempted to leave a few out this week - 1/2" half square triangles are a real challenge!). There is an extra one this week because the pattern was published by mistake.


My blocks so far - all 3" blocks.


The third instalment of Circa 2016 blocks is 28 half square triangles.


The number of these blocks is growing fast - all 2+1/4" blocks.

I also tried 'dizing' this week.


It is a way to prepare fibre for spinning by pulling the fibre through a small hole (I used a button for this, but there are special diz tools).


This is how the fibre looked before spinning.


These are the odds and ends of wool fibre that I carded - some I dyed and some were commercially dyed (they are from a bag of Ashford mill ends).


I spun it into a bulky yarn,


for another felted bowl (this is the base).


I am almost finished knitting my scarf,


and I turned the heel of the socks and started the gusset.

Little visitors
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...