Thursday, May 17, 2012

Quilt for Olive


I finished machine quilting (on my DSM) the Rob Peter to Pay Paul quilt. This is a quilt that I cut with the GO! cutter. My Mother and I pieced it. The quilt is 82" x 69". It is off the my Mom's for binding.

A few years ago I inherited a stash of fabric, quilting supplies, books and magazines from a family friend, this quilt is for her. Lots of the fabric are from her stash. She is now is a care home, suffering with Alzheimer's.


The centres are quilted with a continuous swirl pattern, that traveled from one block to the next down a row on three sides and came back up the row to finish the fourth side.


The "melons" have an open heart feather design quilted in them. This was also a continuous design


I used two fabrics from the stash for the backing and joined them in a "zipper" pattern. The idea comes from Corina (CW QUILTs...sometimes), she shows her zipper backing here (hers is much nicer, next time I will have to use rectangles instead of squares - mine are 4" squares, 2"x4" would be better). It is a great way to join two different fabrics - thanks Corina!!


Here is the quilting from the back. I used wool batting, with 50wt cotton thread top and bottom.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...