Monday, June 4, 2012

Quilt and a Magazine

I finished this quilt last week, but forgot to show it.


It is a string quilt that I made when I was stash busting at Christmas. The blocks are 7",  and I paper pieced them. The quilt is 70" x 84". It has all kinds of fabric in it.


I quilted a very simple design (on my DSM) - meander in the blocks and a swirl design for the trellis (a design from Carla Barrett).


I tried silk batting for the first time on this quilt. Here it is next to the wool batting I usually use. It seems a bit stiffer than the wool, more like cotton, but it puffs nicely when quilted, like wool.
My son is using it as his summer quilt.


Last month I won a year subscription to Quilter's Connection magazine (a Canadian magazine), and my first issue arrived today (there are 4 issues a year). I won the subscription from Monika Kinner-Whallen (My Sweet Prairie) when she was celebrating her birthday (the day after my oldest son's birthday as it happens) and her 2nd blogaversary.
Monika is a very talented Canadian fibre artist - if you have never seen her blog be sure to check it out to see her incredible artwork and amazing photos. Thanks Monika!!


Monika's art is even featured in this issue of the magazine!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...