Friday, June 22, 2012

Winding Ways

This week has gone by fast. I have been doing a lot of yard work now that things are drying out. Plus my youngest son finished school for the summer! Whoo Hoo!


I have sewn more Winding Ways blocks (they were cut with the GO! cutter). I have now finished the length of the quilt and just have to add 4+1/2 more rows to make the quilt top square - it will be about 94" square when done. I am amazed at how well the pieces go together, and it has been lovely to sew.  Not much pre-planning has gone into the layout and I hope that the rest of the pieces work out into a nice pattern.


I have had a little house guest for the past two weeks and she has been a great companion while I sew. She is off home tomorrow, a week ahead of schedule (her "parents" miss their three dogs too much and are coming home early), I am sure she will be thrilled to go home to see her family again. She is a lovely Kerry Blue terrier.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

corina said...

Your winding ways quilt is hands down my favorite quilt of yours. It is stunning! You are going to miss your "houseguest" :)

Auntie Em said...

Wow. I love the winding ways pattern but have always been to timid to try one. You have done a wonderful job of combining the lights and darks to get those lovely circles.

Ardelle said...

I love Winding Ways! How hard is the pieceing?

Cathy said...

I was doggy sitting this week too. She really missed her family, which includes 4 small children. I'm kind of boring compared to them! LOL ♥♥♥

Anne said...

Your winding ways quilt looks fab. Great job! :o)

Kristie said...

What a cute little doggie! I love your winding ways quilt. With the fabrics that you used and the placement I think this has to be my favorite winding ways! What size are you making it?
Kristie

Marie said...

So, so lovely! So rich and complex. I think it is a favourite, and the palette is to die for. I'll be anxious to see it finished.

Needled Mom said...

That is just gorgeous!!!! I love the colors you used too.

Terri said...

I'm so inspired by your quilt. I love the colors, and the random setting! I have had one of my magazines open to that pattern for decades, I'd guess. It's one on my bucket list. Thanks for sharing yours.
Hugs

Joan said...

Looks lovely Joanne. Lovely photo of your 'guest' :)

Raewyn said...

Your quilt looks great!!! I love how the different shades have come together. I am so inspired to pull out the winding ways that I am hand piecing...but I don't think it will go together as quickly as yours!

Grit said...

Wunderschön.
Ein tolles Muster und tolle Stoffe.
Liebe Grüße Grit

ANudge said...

A gorgeous version of windy ways. Thanks for sharing this!