Saturday, May 6, 2023

Sewing Clothes

I had fun sewing a few pieces of clothes this week-

A Blackwood Cardigan by Helen's Closet. This is about the tenth one I have made (not all for me), it is such a great pattern. I shortened the sleeves and the body, and no pockets. All the sewing is with an overlocker. This one is out of a blue and white, lightweight knit.
I also made the Fernway Culottes by Twig + Tale. This is the first time I have made this pattern. Twig + Tale patterns are so well done - great detail for how to sew, with lots of videos. It went together so well. These are made from a cotton/linen woven blend. The fabric for both pieces is from Blackbird Fabrics in BC.
I was given fabric and sewed a little produce bag - we are trying to be less reliant on single use plastic.

Progress is being made on other projects too-
I finished hand sewing all the hexagon flowers for a quilt, and they have all been appliquéd to 10.5" squares. I just have to work out the layout and sew the blocks together.
I started a new hexagon project because I enjoyed sewing the others so much. For this one I decided to use  plastic templates instead of paper. I used the GO! cutter and the small  (1" sides) hexagon die to cut templates out of some quilting template plastic I was given. No real goal for this one, I am using light neutral fabric.
The cross stitch is coming along, all the green lines are stitched.

Photos - 

The pets seem happy that the weather is warming up and they get to spend time together outside.
Molly's favourite game is to chase rocks - such concentration. I am sure she is happy there is no more snow covering all the rocks in the driveway. She collects them too and puts them in her doghouse.
Miss Maggie is happy to roll around on the driveway.
The frogs are out in full force too - this one is a Wood Frog, but there are lots of Leopard Frogs by the pond - the sound is incredible.

All the best!♥︎

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...