Monday, February 14, 2022

More Spinning and Storms

Finished knitting a pair of socks -

I knit them out of merino/mohair fibre that I dyed and spun.
I didn't know how I would like the ribbing on the sole of the foot, but I don't even notice it and the socks are really comfy (the merino/mohair makes a difference too).

Since I am spinning everyday in February, I have got a lot done. These are all from fibre I dyed- 

BFL/Nylon blend for socks.
About a sport weight yarn (my preferred for socks). This is the hardest colour to photograph, it isn't as bright in person.
Rolags I made with all kinds of fibre that I had dyed (silk, camel, merino, alpaca, angora and Angelina -sparkle).
A lace to light fingering weight yarn.
A merino/nylon blend for socks. The dyeing came out different that I had planned,
but I love how it spun up.
I have been trying to step out of my box with dyeing and having lots of fun.

Photos from Around -

We seem to have a storm every second day now - Yikes!
Sometimes it is sunny with high winds and blowing snow.
Sometimes it gets worse than you thought it would be, and you end up getting stuck far from home and have to be picked up after trying to dig out for an hour and realizing that the snow was blowing in just as fast (photo taken back home waiting for the storm to let up enough to go get the car).
Somedays the mornings start out beautifully (-30ºC),
and are like this in the afternoon.
You can barely make out the grain bins in the back.

We are expecting another storm tomorrow, and I am happy to stay home!

We still see Partridges around.
And a Snowy Owl.
Sun dogs on a cold morning.
The 'wave' is just like being at the beach! Especially with the sun reflecting off the grain bin.
I think Miss Maggie is imaging she is somewhere warm (she misses going outside).
The hydroponic cherry tomatoes have started blooming.

All the best!♥︎

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...