Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Left Over Blocks

This weekend I realized that apart from BOM's and the tumblers that I am using as "leaders and enders" (plus that never ending hand quilting!), I wasn't working on a particular project.

When I was sorting through my stash to decide on what to work on next, I found these 8 leftover Alabama Variation blocks from the Thread Head Quilt Along.

I pieced another block to add to them -

Then made an applique to add to the center. I designed a brown bird because of all the robin babies that are around the yard. I used the freezer paper method for this applique.

It is 27" square table topper or wall hanging. I used wool batting and Aurifil thread top and bottom, except for the applique where I used Invisafil thread on top.

I quilted lines with the walking foot through the black squares. I free motion quilted feathers around the bird and

feathered wreaths in all the squares.

I am pleased that I finally used the leftover blocks and now I can start on a new project.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...