Sunday, August 4, 2024

Week 31 of 2024

This week I finished the pair of socks I started on our road trip-

I knit socks toe-up, two-at-a-time, on one long circular needle, from both ends of the ball of yarn to be able to us up of the yarn, and the small bundle is all I had left - about 1m (1yd).
I knit a regular 64 stitch sock (with a gusset and eye-of-partridge heel flap), but added a simple cross over stitch pattern (4 stitch repeat, over 2 rows), just to make the knitting more interesting.
The socks are from a BFL/Nylon fibre that I dyed. I tried something 'new to me' - small dots of colour with areas left undyed.
When I spun the yarn I divided the bundle into three pieces to make a 3-ply yarn, then divided each section into narrow strips to have small lengths of the different colours.
This created narrow stripes of colour.

Works in Progress - 

This past week was very warm.

Photos from Around - 

The gardens are growing well.
This past week lots of weeding was done.
A Barred Plymouth Rock (Becky), and a Sapphire Gem (Gemma),
and a Cinnamon Queen (Sparkle) - one of each of the types of chickens we have.
13 weeks old.
Last Monday this ginger cat walked up to the door and wanted in. Molly fell in love with him right away.
He came with a swollen injured leg, abrasions on his toe beans on one foot, and another small injury on another foot. We always have lots of stray cats around, but they are usually very skittish, and don't stick around, this one didn't leave. So after a few days and his leg getting worse, we had to take him to the vet. So I guess we now have a new addition to the family!
He is the friendliest cat, and just wants to be close to everyone (she wasn't impressed he took her bed).
Miss Maggie does not like him one bit, we are hoping she will get used to him like she did with Molly. Luckily she is outside most of the time, since the new cat (still deciding on a name) has to stay inside for a while. The vet thinks he is about one and a half years old.
The chickens were very curious about him when he first came - he is hiding in the bushes on the left.

All the best!♥︎

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...