Wednesday, February 5, 2020

February Plans & More

For my February OMG (One Monthly Goals hosted by Elm Street Quilts) plans I had wanted to finish my Pineapple quilt, but since that was done so quickly I had to think of something else. I finished a few projects recently - they were easy decisions because they were all almost done. Now I don't know what to do (this seems to always happen to me - I should finish more things, I want to start something new...).


One thing for sure is that I am going to finish this sweater this month. I just have the ribbing to finish at the bottom (I hope to use all that ball of yarn).
This month I also want to make a table centre for a gift (I'll start that today), and I want to start a weaving project (fabric yardage for my Mom to make dinning room chair seat cushions, the wool is supposed to be here next week).

For my February WOOFA Challenge I want to add a few more blocks to my Orphan Blocks-


Here are the blocks I have so far. I don't really know what to do with them - I want to make another bed quilt with them, but I don't need anymore bed sized quilts. I just know I would like some more appliqué blocks, so that is what I plan on for this month.

When I was deciding which WOOFA project to work on next I also looked at my Bali Medallion Quilt-


I really don't like this quilt top. I think it is the dark section around the clamshells. I don't know if I should just get rid of it; just quilt it as is; add more blocks around the edge (continue the medallion) in the hopes that I will like it more, maybe with some more dark fabric to balance it; or do I unpick the centre and try something else there. The blocks around the edge are from the first 365 day quilt a few years ago - I like those. I enjoyed sewing the clamshells, and like how the edges are not cut off. I would really like to put it away for good, but it isn't improving with age.
What would you do? What do you do with quilt tops you don't like?

Photos from around -

I tiled bathrooms, painted doors, and varnished baseboards in January, and now that our bathroom renovations are finished I thought I would show them off (I love seeing pictures of other homes).
This is the before of part of the little bathroom at the back door.
I don't have a before picture of the shower, it was disgusting - no one needs to see that.
One of the reasons we bought this house was that it needed renovating.
And after.
The medicine cabinet on the left was made by a great uncle.
 This is the before of the main bathroom. There was just about 30" between the sink vanity and the bathtub, and there were two large linen cupboards (which to me was odd. Because of the kitchen reno's we were able to convert a hall broom cupboard to a linen closet). We reconfigured the space by removing the two small closets in our bedroom next door. We moved the vanity back, and moved the wall with the linen cupboards in. That way were were able to use that space as a walk in closet in our bedroom. We also moved the main door for the bathroom over, to have more room for the new tub.
Before of the two small closets in our bedroom, with the bathroom door in the middle
the door on the left is to our bedroom
 After photos.
I like the other bathroom white, but I still haven't decided about this one yet, I might paint it a colour soon.
This house had so many colours in it that I just needed a break for a bit.
 The walk in closet in our bedroom.
There is a big shelf, high in the closet, to store quilts, better than in the bathroom.
I really like how there is a door to the bathroom from our bedroom.
It is an ensuite without having another bathroom to clean.
 The rest of the bedroom.
 I'll end with Molly showing off some of her new big girl teeth - she is 4 months old now.

All the best!♥︎
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...