Friday, April 29, 2016

This Week's Blocks

This month for the Westering Women BOM the block was Lone Elm.


It was so much easier than last month's block! I have always loved this block, but never made one before. This BOM is very interesting - Barbara Brackman has tidbits of history and photos to go along with each block.


All four of my blocks so far (12" blocks).


These are last week's and this week's blocks for the Circa 2016 QAL (3" blocks).

I have done some spinning recently -


Last time I showed a photo of this yarn being spun (now it is about 1400m, 450g sport/DK weight, 100% Merino yarn).


It started as this fibre that I dyed (two different colours, one for each of the two plies).


I am making a top-down cardigan (just making it up as I go along - the ribbing is the collar and the start of the front band).


I also spun this fibre - 50% Silk/50% Superwash Merino, that I dyed various shades of green (I am trying to step out of my comfort zone with colours).


Came out to about 360m, 110g fingering weight yarn, this one is 3 ply (I chain plied it to keep the colours).

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...