Sunday, April 17, 2016

Knitting and More Blocks

 Here are some knitting projects I recently finished - 


A summer sweater made with Optim Merino wool. It is incredibly soft. This is my own pattern - just a top down, raglan cardigan. More details can be found on my Ravelry Project page.


It started out as white Optim fibre that I dyed and spun.


It was interesting fibre to work with. It took the dye differently than regular wool and I was amazed by how much it stretched.


I also finished knitting a pair of socks made with commercial yarn - Tanis Fibre Arts Blue Label, in the colour way Atlantic. This is my favourite yarn for socks. The pattern is Elm from the book 'A Knitter's Book of Socks'. I find that they are a bit too long in the leg and next time I would start in a different spot in the chart.


This is another Mobius cowl that I made - I love Mobius cowls, they are different to make and so easy to wear. The pattern is Viburnum Cowl - a free pattern from Knitty.


I used 100% Cashmere yarn that I spun and dyed - this was the first time that I dyed yarn after spinning (the cashmere was like fluff and I was worried about what would happen if I dyed it before spinning).

Here are some more QAL blocks -

365 Challenge
Circa 2016
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...