Sunday, January 13, 2013

Pieces of Time BOM

A group of friends and I started a new Block of the Month this month - well it is actually two blocks a month, one appliqué and one pieced. The pattern is Pieces of Time by Lori Smith.


This month we did both blocks #4. I am using Edyta Sitar's fabric - Dancing in the Rain. The blocks are 8" and will finish to 7+1/2".


I am just including this picture because I was pleased to see different blooms inside, especially since outside looks like this -


Not that I am complaining, I much prefer the cold to slushy conditions.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

Gloria said...

The new BOM looks very challenging! I really like your choice of fabrics. Nice tones and very classic!
The composition of your tabletop is lovely, so nice to see some blooms in the winter!
Happy New Year to you!

LynCC said...

Wow! That's a gorgeous BOM. If you feel like it, it'd be neat to watch your progress with it over the year at BOMs Away.

LuAnn said...

I love your blocks and the look outside your window.

Quiltsmiles said...

That fabric selection for your blocks is beautiful. Can't wait to see more. Jane

Joan said...

The blocks look terrific Joanne - I love those fabrics...they go well with the blocks.

Kathie said...

love those blocks, great choice of fabrics, is this the first 2 blocks you have done?
its been 50 this week and lots of rain, wish I looked out my window and saw snow looks so pretty.
Kathie

Missie of Hallbrook Designs said...

Ooooohhhhh, love that new quilt you are working on. Those fabrics are so nice! I just ordered a bundle yesterday for myself! Stay warm!

Me and My Stitches said...

Love your BOM blocks - I have never met a Lori Smith pattern that I didn't love! And how fun to be making it with a friend.

Cathy said...

I love your blocks. As always you pick the perfect fabric. Hugs

Eileen said...

Geez, Joanne! Don't you sleep? lol I love your background; is that also Edyta's?
I think I'll just sit back and enjoy your BOM vicariously this time. ;)

Barb said...

0h the snow is so pretty. We've had zilch here.
I love to have african violets in the house in the winter - pretty

Myra said...

Blocks looking good there Joanne! Love your fabric! Awesome backgrounds...

Enough snow already hey!?!

Cathy said...

I love your blocks. So much so that I just ordered the pattern. You do such beautiful work and are such an inspiration. Hugs