Tuesday, February 21, 2012
I finished quilting two of the four borders on the Granny's Hankie Quilt. The small black border has circles (I am thinking of going back and adding smaller circles inside the circles).
I marked the centre of the feathers in the large border with a french curve and a white Clover iron-out pen.
This pen works so well.
With the feathers added I find that this border looks less like a row of garages.
I then added some filler stitching in the red to match the background of the blocks.
I think I know what I am going to quilt in the outer border and the sashing, so I now feel that this quilt is coming together nicely. I find that figuring out what to quilt is one of the hardest aspects in quilting!
We had a bit of a snow storm today and the flock of partridges found shelter under a tree (I have never seen the partridges in a tree, and they tend to run more than fly).
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!✒