Friday, February 3, 2012

Mug Rug Class

I taught an appliqué class today.


These are the mug rugs they made (my mother made a wall hanging for AAQI because she already had a mug rug that I made from the same pattern). The mug rug pattern and tutorial are here.

Every one did such a good job and it was a wonderful day. I hope they all enjoyed this method of machine appliqué and try it again.


This picture was taken at the end of the day - there was heavy fog all day, something that is very unusual here.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Lesley said...

Some lovely mug rugs! The "students" must be very pleased! Well done, teacher!

Karen said...

Nice applique pieces for mug rugs. I like the one with the bright yellow background.

Chris said...

The mug rugs are so cute - I'd almost be afraid to use them. Adorable! :)

Kathie said...

LOVE the mug rugs, very cute!
the simple flower is intriquing to me I can see that as a pin cushion out of wool.
That picture is actually very pretty, so serene
Kathie

Judy said...

Neat mug rugs! I bet they had a wonderful time.

Angie said...

I LOVE the mug rugs!!! Thank you so much for sharing the pattern with us. I would have loved to have been in your class. The snow and fog is beautiful---we've had some fog but NO snow this Winter. I miss it.

Barb said...

what a fun class! these mug rugs are super cute.
It's been fun catching up with your blog. I've been enjoying the snow photos - we are so behind on snow this year!

Raewyn said...

These have turned out well - glad you had a good time, I'm sure they'll be happy with their results.

Ann Joleanne said...

So cute!