Saturday, February 25, 2012

February's FMQ Challenge

I seem to be like everyone else, when I first discovered Diane Gaudynski's style of quilting (for me it was two years ago), the look of my quilting changed for the better. I have both of her books and highly recommend them.



This month's challenge was fabulous. Diane's instructions are so wonderful and I had lots of fun sewing this feather.



I added a couple of other feathers,


and filled the 8" block with echoing, using a lighter coloured thread that matched the background. I used Aurifil #50 thread for the top and the bobbin.

Thanks so much to Diane Gaudynski and Sew Cal Gal for this month's challenge.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Sorry about the large watermarks across the pictures - I made adjustments that were incorrect and couldn't change the pictures back.

6 comments:

Doniene said...

I'm impressed!!! It is lovely!!

Joan said...

Looks wonderful Jaonne...I can see your improvement :)

Lesley said...

You have definitely mastered this! Well done!

Tammy said...

Hi Joanne,
Your feathers are gorgeous! Bravo...very, very well done!

Raewyn said...

Ahhh...so this is what it looked like (!!)...beautiful! Love that echo-ing too.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

perfect feathers....very nice