Sunday, July 24, 2011

Victoria Beach Quilt Show

Back from the quilt show and it was a huge success!

Here are some pictures -

the one in the center was beautiful (the picture doesn't do it justice), it was a "quilt as you go" quilt
the partial one on the left has cross-stitch and needle point blocks of the provinces

this one was all hand appliqued!


this pretty one was made by my SIL's aunt

these two were made by my mother, the one on the left is "Glacier" from a kit she bought in Alaska. It has Swarovski crystals on it. The sales table is in front (I sold a lap quilt, a table topper and a bag).

the three Quilts of Valour quilts

this one was made by the QS organizer,

her work is amazing!
here are a couple more of her work
these quilts are from a quilter who recently passed away
this one was so beautiful! The colours bright and vibrant.

this was a raffle quilt (plus the third prize bag)
all 1500 tickets were sold!

this quilt hangs in the club all the time (my mother helped make it)

The pictures don't do the quilts justice. It was the Pine Needlers' first quilt show and every one was so pleased!

My three demo's went well. I was so nervous for the first one (my first time doing anything like that), but after that things got better. They were well attended (my mother had a dream that only two people came!) and they ended up being so much fun. I met some wonderful people!

There were a couple of vendors, and I bought this beautiful button (1½" square) made by a local artist - Pat.

The day my son and I arrived at my parents was so windy, I have never seen such waves.

They live along Lake Winnipeg. The water is so high this year.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

19 comments:

Furball Farm Quilting said...

Oh my, what a glorious display of quilts. What an exhibition that must have been!! Thanks for posting.

Nancy said...

What a beautiful show. Thank you so much for sharing the lovely quilts.

Raewyn said...

Oh it looks like you have had a fabulous time!! Beautiful quilts - so much to drool over. How precious that your Mum shares your passion being a quilter too. Love your new button!!

Deanna said...

No spam for me.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures. I am glad your time went well.

I am FINALLY back to work on the Quilt-along quilt. Hopefully finish the blocks for the borders today.

Impera_Magna said...

What beautiful quilts... thank you for sharing all the photos!

No spam here either.

Stray Stitches said...

Thanks for sharing the photos of all the beautiful quilts. It looks like the show was a success :)

Betty Lou said...

Nothing like a Quilt Show to get the creative juices going. Beautiful pictures.

Terri said...

Thanks for taking us along to the quilt show. Loved the quilts! Your pictures were wonderful.
I don't have any spammy troubles from your blog, but there is one, and I can't remember the name, that messes up my computer every time. I've had to disconnect it from the modem, take all the cords off and pop out the battery for a few minutes... then put it all back together. I'm sure she isn't aware of the trouble she causes... such a nice woman, too. And I love the crafty stuff she does, but I have to stay away.
Anyway, no troubles loving your blog!!!!
Hugs,

corina said...

Great photos! Looks like it was a wonderful quilt show!

corina said...

Forgot to mention no problems with spam either.

Dawn said...

What beautiful variety at the show. Thanks for sharing!

Jen said...

Glad that everything went so well! Next time you do a demo you will fly right through it :) Thanks for sharing the quilts, they were beautiful!

Joan said...

Lovely collection of quilts there Joanne - thanks for sharing - there was on I did recognise there :)....

Cathy said...

The quilts were beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing them. I saw a couple of your quilts. Love your quilt-a-long Quilt. Hugs

Gail said...

Hi Joanne
May I put the photo of your apple core quilt on the cover on my guild's September's newsletter? My guild is Yorkshire Rose Quilters' Quilt in Toronto, ON. I prepare the newsletter and this year I decided I want to feature photos of real quilts on the cover page. I looked for a lot of apple core quilts and liked yours the best for it's rich red colors. I will give full credit to you as the creator/owner with a link back to your blog. Please advise. Regards
Gail Osmond
gogail91@gmail.com

sigisart said...

Dear Joanne,
I found your blog while I was looking the homepage of Denise Russard. And I found you are also not just making the Granny Hankie, but also sweet Henrietta Whiskers. Me too. So I will be your newest follower and place your blog in my sidebar.
Have a nice time and many greetings from germany.
sigisart

sevgiliye hediye said...

Looks like it was a wonderful quilt show, I am too late to read the information about your show. Well, waiting for next show.

sex addict said...

These all are such a beautiful variety at the show. I like to appreciate for sharing the photos of all the beautiful quilts. It looks like the show was a success.

soldes said...

Wonderful quilt workshop is going on. Patterns of each quilt is totally new for me, never tried to work on it. Now a days, I just starting to design it.