Monday, July 18, 2011

Nature

I have been getting ready for my demos for the quilt show on Saturday (Victoria Beach, Manitoba, July 23rd 2011), so I can't show you what I have been working on until after that.

We have had a visitor in our yard - digging holes!

A Thirteen-Lined ground squirrel! We think it is a she too!! She is beautiful and not very scared of us.

We have been having hot (mid 30's°C, mid 90's°F), dry weather. The grass is dying but the gardens are growing well (with the help of watering) -


Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Impera_Magna said...

The ground squirrel seems almost tame... so close you got to her! Your gardens are lovely...

Colleen said...

What a cute squirrel! I have never seen one like that :o) Pretty garden pictures!

Deb said...

I've never seen a squirrel like that. It looks a lot like the chipmunks that run through our yard but bigger.

AmyJo said...

Wow that is the prettiest little squirrel, you can send her my way if you wish. Our squirrels up here in Maine look nothing like her

corina said...

Great pictures of the squirrel. Your flowers are beautiful. I've been watering my weeds so they are growing bigger every day!

Bernie said...

I've never seen an underground lined squirrel. She's very cute. We have two black squirrels that have been coming around our place. They are very comical.

Myra said...

What a darling little critter! What an intricate pattern on her too hey!?!
Your gardens are looking wonderful Joanne!
I hope all goes well with your demos at VB on Saturday! Sorry I can't pop out for a look-see... family plans...

Me and My Stitches said...

Cute little ground squirrel - did you know that if they lose their tails, they grow back? Or maybe my Mom just told me that after an unfortunate incident when I was young!

maria rosaria said...

bellissimo giardino!!