Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Mini Quilt Top

I received this months fabric club selection this week (from Kick Ass Country Store), and since it matched the scraps from my Pinwheel Sampler Quilt I decided to try a mini quilt.

I love Kathleen Tracy's blog - A Sentimental Quilter - and was inspired by a quilt that I saw on her blog. Using some scraps, three fat quarters and EQ7 I made this little quilt top -

It is about 19" x 25½". The colours are much better in person. The fabric is by Howard Marcus - mainly Alliance, but the border is another line. Another quilt top to be quilted in the fall.

Next week my family and I are leaving for a trip to Italy, for 2½ weeks. We are staying the first few days in Rome and then a week at a villa in Tuscany. The last few days are still undecided (we are not normally planners). If anyone has any "must-sees" they would like to share, that would be wonderful!
My DH and I back-packed around Europe, twenty years ago (when we were kids!), and never did I imagine that we would be going back with our two boys, but things just fell into place. I am still pinching myself!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!

5 comments:

Karen said...

The quilt is lovely, but your trip sounds awesome! How wonderful for you. Hope you have a wonderful time and take lots of pictures to share.

Wendy said...

Cute quilt. I'm still jealous about your trip. Have fun and go see everything!

Karen said...

Love your quilt! I'm using Alliance on a little project right now; just love the fabrics.
Hope you have wonderful trip!I'm sure it will be amazing.

Quilting Queen said...

I love the name of the quilt shop...bet it was "kick ass" too. I also like your miniature...it always surprises me when I "try" something new and end up loving it...I guess that is what makes quilting so much fun.

jilly said...

Cute little quilt and I love the paisley!!

I'm excited for you and your family going to Italy. Take tons of pics and have tons of fun.

We will all miss you.

Blessings,
jilly