Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Mini Quilt Top

I received this months fabric club selection this week (from Kick Ass Country Store), and since it matched the scraps from my Pinwheel Sampler Quilt I decided to try a mini quilt.

I love Kathleen Tracy's blog - A Sentimental Quilter - and was inspired by a quilt that I saw on her blog. Using some scraps, three fat quarters and EQ7 I made this little quilt top -

It is about 19" x 25½". The colours are much better in person. The fabric is by Howard Marcus - mainly Alliance, but the border is another line. Another quilt top to be quilted in the fall.

Next week my family and I are leaving for a trip to Italy, for 2½ weeks. We are staying the first few days in Rome and then a week at a villa in Tuscany. The last few days are still undecided (we are not normally planners). If anyone has any "must-sees" they would like to share, that would be wonderful!
My DH and I back-packed around Europe, twenty years ago (when we were kids!), and never did I imagine that we would be going back with our two boys, but things just fell into place. I am still pinching myself!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...