Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Catching Up

I think I have finally caught up on all the things associated with returning from vacation (laundry, sleep, tidying up....). I have also been trying to go around to all my favorite blogs! I think that will take a while - it seems like everyone has been busy and there are so many wonderful things to see!!

Menagerie at the Wallace Building, U of M

When we came back from vacation there was a celebration over the week-end in honor of 100 years of Geological Sciences at the University of Manitoba. Both my husband and I graduated from geology, so it was wonderful for us to see professors and people that we had worked with. The only disappointing thing was that there was no one else from our graduating classes (my DH also has a masters degree).

Yesterday I machine quilted the mini quilt I pieced at the beginning of August. It is 20" x 27" (51cm x 69cm).

I usually have a darker border than the center, so this mini quilt was a great way to try something new for me. I finished sewing on the binding today.

I received a centimetre scale at the reunion -

and I thought it would be a great idea to add to my photos to give an idea of size.

Thank-you to everyone that has taken the time to leave a comment!!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...