Sunday, January 28, 2024

Week 4 of 2024

This past week I sewed another black skirt. This one a winter one in a thick knit (I think a ponte or a scuba - another one that was $1 a pound). It is from a Lutterloh dress pattern that I modified to make a skirt.

 I put another set of tea towels on the loom. A huck lace pattern in 2/8 cotton, woven with two shuttles.

Temperatures are warming up (around freezing) for the temperature blanket. There will be some more new colours this next week with even warmer temperatures in the forecast.

Photos from Around - 

The sourdough journey continues, and the look of the bread is getting better (it always tastes good). I have figured out the proportions of flour (100% freshly milled), liquid (whey from homemade yogourt), starter and salt that work for me, so now I am trying different types of wheat berries, and different techniques. The Emile Henry loaf pans seem the best for me too - they have lids and go into a cold oven straight from the fridge.
We had the first hydroponic tomato of the year this week -it was delicious and there are more on the way.
Don't mess with Miss Maggie.
The pond outside our yard.
The days are getting longer (we always walk Molly at the same time and now there are beautiful sunrises)
The warmer temperatures are perfect for skating.

All the best!♥︎

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...