Sunday, January 21, 2024

Week 3 of 2024

This past week I cut 1600, 3+1/2" squares of fabric (each stack is 100 squares).
To make a queen sized, scrappy, Broken Dishes quilt.
This will be my new grab-and-go project, that fits in a tin (my favourite kind of quilt to sew).
There is enough squares to make 400, 5" blocks. The finished quilt will be 100" square with a 20x20 block layout.
I am almost finished my other grab-and-go project, a Drunkard's Path quilt that I cut out last year, so it was time to get a new one ready.

I sewed another skirt this week. This is my second one in this pattern (I made one for my Mom too), and this one fits just right (the other one is too big at the waist, this one has bigger darts in the back - I am slowing learning how to adjust patterns to fit me). It is a Lutterloh pattern, #16 from supplement Summer 325. I modified it by changing the pockets, and moving the front slit to a kick pleat in the back. It is in a stretch fabric, that cost a few dollars (it was part of a sale purchase - "fill a large box with fabric pieces for $25", I think it ended up being less than a dollar a pound - how the store sells a lot of their fabric).

The colours on the temperature blanket are staying about the same.

Photos from Around- 

Morning walk (the weather was very cold, so we didn't go far).
Winter prairie scene - sun dogs, blowing snow and a grain elevator in the distance.
Jack Rabbits have found the bird feeders.
Molly seemed disappointed when I gave her a piece of orange (she does enjoy them though)
Downtown Winnipeg.
Maggie was pretty excited to see something moving outside - it was just a leaf blowing across the snow, but she was sure it was a mouse.
The hydroponics are doing well - peppers,
and the first tomato is almost ready.

All the best!♥︎

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...