Saturday, January 6, 2024

Week 1 of 2024

I finished knitting my sweater. It is a simple, top-down, raglan sweater (no pattern). I cast on 66 stitches for the neck on 4.5mm needles and went from there. The yarn is Wool of the Andes Tweed from KnitPicks in the colour way Lighthouse Heather (9 balls).

This is my new knitting project, a year long temperature blanket. My Mom and I are both making them (she is celebrating her 90th birthday and 65th wedding anniversary, and I am celebrating my 35th wedding anniversary this year).
The kit is from Fleece Artist.
It has been interesting to work out the temperature ranges for the colours. Where we live temperatures can range from close to -40ºC to almost +40ºC. 
Miss Maggie has already started enjoying the blanket, sleeping on it in my work basket.

Another new project is a sample quilt block. This is the start of a Star Upon Stars quilt block (inspired by Laundry Basket Quilts). Edyta Sitar has great YouTube video tutorials for this quilt block. I am trying out a block to see if this is a quilt I would enjoy sewing (so far I don't think so).

Photos from Around-
The rink on the pond is nice, and we have been skating.
Quite a few tiny fish in the ice (about 2" long).
Best friends are always near by.
This is the first year there are cattails around the pond.
Saw this large sculpture at the local garbage dump/recycling depot.
This morning's moonlit walk.

All the best!♥︎

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...