Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Woven Tea Towels

I finished weaving some tea towels.


About 4 yards of fabric off the loom.
Fresh off the loom
After washing

The pattern made four tea towels. The pattern is 'Don't Get Bored Towels' from Handwoven magazine, issue Sept/Oct 2014. My first attempt at weaving with commercial yarn and a pattern.


Three of the towels were woven in plain 2/2 twill,


and one was woven in pattern #3 (a zig zag 2/2 twill).

I read an article that the most absorbent towels were woven in 2/2 twill, with 20 ends per inch, using 8/2 Cottolin - that is what I tried (these were all given as gifts, so I will weave some more for myself to see how they work).

Storm clouds on Saturday.
High winds and rain.
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...