Friday, October 26, 2012

I Made A Pie!


Granted the easiest pie ever, but a pie no less! My husband was way more excited about seeing this than my quilting.
It is a Graham Wafer pie (we call it Salisbury House pie - but that is probably a very local name), although I didn't actually have any graham wafers and had to use shortbread cookies, but it was still delicious. Basically a custard pie.
Here is a link for a similar recipe that I found on the web - they call it Flapper pie - the instructions say that it takes 6 minutes to make! Wow, who couldn't find the time to make a pie like that?! Mine took about 25 minutes. The recipe is very similar to mine, but I use 3 eggs,  no cinnamon in the crust, and I also don't wait for anything to cool.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!


Update - yes the pie in the photo is mine, and yes it was delicious! A bit sweet for me and I wouldn't add sugar in the crust next time.

8 comments:

corina said...

You can put my piece in any container you have handy, I'm not fussy.

Valerie said...

Hahaha - GREAT PIE! Hahaha I think my Husband would enjoy a pie better than a quilt as well - though he's very supportive of my endeavers. ;) Do tell us - did it taste as great as it looks??!

Ruth said...

The pie looks scrumptious! I printed out the Flapper Pie recipe. There's no way I could make it in 6 minutes though! Yum! Yum!

Joan said...

I'm with you Corina...I love the look of that pie! Is that picture the recipe of yours or the on-line one??

Needled Mom said...

That looks delicious and sounds yummy.

jill said...

Oh that does look delicious. I am currently waiting patiently (not) for my hubs apple pie. That and a cup of coffee. I so hate to wait, especially when the house smells so delicious.

I am sure the menfolk do not mind that it is too sweet for you either;-)

blessings, jill

Raewyn said...

What!! Your husband preferred your cooking to your quilting??!! It sounds yummy, I'll have to give the flapper pie a try next time the kids come up!

Sharon said...

It's nice that your husband finally got his pie!