Sunday, October 13, 2024

Week 41 of 2024

I finished making a string of Prosperity Hens -

I used all kinds of things I had on hand. I used fabric I had dyed years ago and didn't know what to do with (the colour runs, so a quilt is out of the question), also cotton yarn I dyed at the same time, and wooden beads, and bells I had been given. The hens are stuffed with leftover wool quilt batting.
It was nice to use things I have had for a while.
October is celebrated over on Ravelry as "Socktober" - I thought I would be able to knit two pairs of socks this month, but I will be lucky to knit one pair! The garden harvest is still being processed.
These socks are knit from fibre that I carded after dyeing (I also added a bit of angelina for sparkle). The colour is pretty uniform so I thought it would be perfect for a lace pattern. The pattern is Sheri's Posies Socks by Wendy D. Johnson.
Someone was pretty curious about the temperature blanket.

Photos from Around - 
Treat time.
Little lion.
I had some help harvesting the last of the Swiss chard.
Such a happy girl.
Miss Maggie wasn't so happy to be chased by her though.
Sunrise.
Sunset.
Big variety in egg sizes (different breeds, and some just started laying). All delicious, and we are so grateful to have fresh eggs!

All the best!♥︎

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...