Sunday, March 17, 2024

Week 11 of 2024

One of my favourite things is dyeing fibre for spinning - playing with colour. 
I am not scientific, I just mix different colours, and pour them on the fibre. It is always exciting to see how it turns out.
I love spinning the fibre up (for a 3 ply yarn),
and seeing how the yarn turns out (this is from the bundle on the left in the above photo).
In 2022 I dyed and spun yarn for 12 pairs of socks, and since then I haven't made handspun socks, so I bought some fibre for socks. I find that I can be very experimental with colours for socks, I use about 120g of fibre. This one is a BFL/Nylon sock blend from Nikki Slipp on Etsy.
A birthday stripe on the temperature blanket this week.

Photos from Around-

Miss Maggie had a trip to the vet, and Molly was quite concerned (luckily Maggie has a white triangle on her neck so we can see her when it is dark). She always burrows into the quilt and stays quiet in her carrier.
Lots of signs of spring now - so many flocks of geese (swans too).
Jack Rabbits are starting to show signs of brown on their backs.
The snow is really melted on the surrounding fields.
Dirty looking snow in the yard.
Beautiful sunrise!

All the best!♥︎

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...