Sunday, March 10, 2024

Week 10 of 2024

This past week I started a quilted jacket -

This was a medallion quilt top that I made over 6 years ago. I wasn't really happy with it and I knew that it probably needed more, but I didn't think I would like it any better. I would pull it out occasionally to try to think what to do with it, then put it away. It was the only quilt top that I have made that didn't get quilted as soon as it was finished. After seeing so many quilted jackets recently I thought this would be perfect to try. I used a Lutterloh pattern - the same jacket I made a few weeks ago, but removed the shawl collar.

I roughly cut out all the pieces and layered them with a very thin batting and a backing.
Then machine quilted it. I enjoy quilting Clam Shells because there are a few options for quilt designs.
Once all the pieces were quilted, I serged the edges and washed them. Then they were ready for the final cutting. I don't know if I will like the jacket any better than the quilt top, but at least something will have been done with it.
Quilt Group today so some more blocks added to the pile for the Broken Dishes quilt.
Another week for the temperature blanket.

Photos from Around-

A Jack Rabbit (white with black ear tips standing close to the pole) and a Crow having some kind of get together.
A couple of snow storms this week, so we have snow again.
7:30am Friday.
So sparkly.
Annual memorial hockey tournament this weekend - my three nephews participated this year so it made it extra fun.
Sunrise this morning - 7:30am (first day of daylight savings time).

All the best!♥︎

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...