Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Day 11 - A Sweater

My Mom knitted a sweater for me (my part was finding buttons to match and sewing them on).

The pattern is Lady Sunnyside by Tanis Lavallee (there is also a free child's version - Sunnyside).

The yarn is Merino wool that I spun about 5 years ago.


This was the starting fibre - half a commercial dyed red and the other half I dyed. I drum carded the fibre to blend the colours.


 All the starting handspun yarn.
I started 3 different projects with this yarn over the years, even finished one (I am surprised the yarn didn't wear out from all the ripping out). The finished piece I made was a large vest that I felt like Fred Flintstone in - you can tell why I took that one apart. I had told my Mom that I was done with the yarn - it just didn't work for me, so she kindly offered to try making something with it. The pattern is one that I bought years ago - my Mom made one, my sister made one, and now I have one!
Thanks Mom! It's perfect.

All the best!♥︎

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...