Sunday, March 8, 2020

Inkle Woven Belt

I finished the inkle weaving project I started last March.


I ended up with about 2.5 yards of 1" wide braid. I am calling it a belt for now - maybe one day it will become something else. It was my sample project for the loom. I had put it away when renovations started last year, and it was unearthed when basement renovations started this year. Turns out it was really enjoyable to weave with the little loom.



I bought the loom from a local museum that was having a clear out.


My son made a few shuttles for it using scraps of wood from the renovations.


For the belt there was very little loom waste, but I left some unwoven so that I could twist a bit of fringe to finish it off.


I used some grey commercial sock yarn and some red handspun wool for the warp, and the weft was the grey yarn.


All the best!♥︎
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...