Monday, June 11, 2018

Finished Fleece

I finished spinning the third raw fleece I was given last fall.


1583m and 639g of yarn! I will dye most of this yarn.


This is how it all started - the raw fleece before washing, combing and spinning.


Here is my 1880 Sampler Sew Along block from the Temecula Quilt Company for this week (a 4" block).

My stack of "orphan" blocks is really growing. The plan is to make blocks until the end of the year, and put them together into a quilt top.


Because I missed having a crochet project to work on, I started another Granny Stripes blanket, this time using leftover handspun yarn that is all about fingering weight. This one is about 70cm/28" wide.

a pair of Goldfinches at the feeder
All the best!♥︎

2 comments:

Shasta Matova said...

Your lovely collection of blocks is really growing!

Ann at Prairie Primrose said...

I love the colors for your Granny Stripe Blanket. What a great way to use up what you've got! Your blocks are going to be lovely all put together.