Monday, May 21, 2018

Woven Table Runner

I finished the woven table runner I started last week.


It is about 16"x25" (not including the fringe) and is woven with leftover handspun yarn from my Granny Stripes blanket.


The warp is crochet cotton, but you can't see it in the weaving because the threads are sett so far apart (this is a weft faced weaving sett at 7.5 threads per inch). The crochet cotton does make a great fringe (this one has four threads twisted together).


I also finished knitting another beaded bracelet. This one is long and narrow and wraps around my wrist three times. Made from handspun natural linen with #8 seed beads. I also made the clasp from 18 gauge wire.


The mystery knit along socks are coming along nicely. The last clue comes out tomorrow. This has been such an enjoyable knit, the lace pattern just flows beautifully so it has been very easy. It is a free pattern on Ravelry - SKA May 2018 Mock.

We have had great weather this week, so I have been doing a lot of outside work.


I divided and moved perennials to make this flower bed just perennials for a change.


We did have an unusual storm in the middle of the week - really interesting clouds, lots of wind - lots of swirling dirt and only a sprinkling of rain.


It even freaked out our little visitor!

All the best!♥︎
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...