Monday, April 23, 2018

Granny Stripes Blanket

I am so pleased that I have finished the Granny Stripes Blanket!


Lots of firsts for me with this project (major project from raw fleece, blanket, major crochet project...).



I started this project at the beginning of the year, and I thought it would take me all year to finish. Cleaning and combing the fibre became faster with practice, so did crocheting (at first it would take me about an hour to complete a stripe, but by the end they took about a half hour). I thoroughly enjoyed the whole process of this blanket, and not once wished that it was finished.
It is about 130cm x 180cm (50"x70") and weighs 1225g (2 lbs 11 oz).


I have about 300g of yarn leftover.


I have been combing another fleece to spin, just one bag left to fill ;-)



Here is my 1880 Sampler Sew Along block for this week (from Temecula Quilt Company).

All the best!♥︎
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...