Monday, March 19, 2018

Woven Fabric

I finished weaving the project I started last week -


Fresh off the loom it was 4.5 metres (almost 5 yards) of 42cm (16.5") wide fabric.


After washing in hot water with lots of agitation, the piece of fabric is now 4.3 metres, and 41cm wide. I'll have plenty of fabric to make some kind of a top.


The fabric has a lovely feel. It is nice and soft. The warp (the length of the fabric) is my hand spun yarn and most of the weft is commercial yarn. More detail about the weaving can be found on my Ravelry project page.

I've been working on making yarn for the crochet blanket.


I 'skirted' (sorting the fleece out, removing dirty pieces etc) the rest of the second fleece last week.


The first four new skeins from this fleece,


and three more. I want to get all the yarn spun now so that the beginning of the blanket matches the end. I have spun almost 1000g of yarn (over 2 pounds), and I think I need about 1500g total.


I am really enjoying this project. It is fun to pick out a new yarn every row (technically a double row).


All I sewed this week is the new 1880 Sampler Sew Along block from Temecula Quilt Company.

All the best!♥︎
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...