Monday, March 12, 2018

A Couple New Projects

This week I started a new weaving project -


I put 5 metres of handspun on the loom for the warp - I used all kinds of odds and ends of about lace weight yarn.


For the weft I am using a commercial lace yarn and adding small pieces of handspun for texture. The plan is to weave fabric for a garment.

I also started a crochet blanket - 


More like a scarf at the moment!


The pattern is Granny Stripe by Attic24,


and I am using the yarn I showed last week.


I dyed it various colours.


I think I need about 3 times as much yarn as I have,

draining after the first wash
so I started cleaning some more fleece (I was given 5 fleeces in total, that is why I decided to make a blanket).


Now all combed and ready for spinning (since I love stats, here goes - about 600g of raw fleece, became 473g after washing, and 231g after combing!). I am hoping that the weather warms up enough this week so I can get another whole fleece ready for processing (it is definitely an outdoor activity).


As for sewing news, this is my latest 1880 Sampler Sew Along block from Temecula Quilt Company.

All the best!♥︎
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...