Monday, February 19, 2018

Finished Sweater

I finished knitting the Tealeaf Sweater this week -


I am really happy with how it turned out! The pattern is Tealeaf Sweater by Bristol Ivy, it was part of my Year of Craftsy - the videos were really wonderful to go along with the pattern, it made knitting the sweater so easy. There were a few 'new-to-me' elements that I really enjoyed learning - Japanese short rows for one, and a couple of different bind-offs which created nice edges. The lace was so easy to knit.


I thought that this slip stitch edge created a nice feature along the shoulder too. I made a few changes to the pattern and all the details for my project can be found on my Ravelry page.


The body of the sweater is oversized and the arms are fitted. The yarn I used was Wool of the Andes Tweed by Knit Picks, in the colour way North Pole Heather - it is very soft and I can even wear it on my bare skin (rare for me). I think this will be a very practical sweater through out the year.


I also finished spinning the second skein (the blue/green one in the photo) of yarn from fibre that I recently won.


The fibre is by Hello Yarn in the colour way Snail's Pace. It is an Organic Polwarth/Silk blend (80/20).


I divided the braid into light and dark to spin - something else I have never tried (I usually dye my own fibre, so when I want two colours, I dye two colours). I am participating in a spin-along/make-along over on Ravelry with this project.


I started knitting Vitis by Lisa Mutch. The pattern was available for free last week as I was finishing up spinning, and I thought it would be perfect for the yarn. I don't have the size yarn or the amount of yarn that the pattern calls for, so I made a few changes to the pattern (smaller needles, smaller sections...), and mine will end up being much smaller than the pattern.


I pieced some more Temecula Quilt Co 1880 Sampler blocks,


as well as 20 little Pineapple blocks. All the blocks this week are 4" finished blocks


These are so much smaller than the other Pineapple blocks I pieced recently (and more enjoyable to sew too).

I have really enjoyed concentrating on one project for one week over the past few weeks!

All the best!♥︎
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...