Sunday, January 29, 2017

Westering Women BOM


Today I finished sewing the last blocks for the Westering Women BOM from Barbara Brackman, on the Civil War Quilts blog.


This is the November block - Bear's Paw.


This one is the December block - Road to California.


I even finished putting together the quilt top!
I decided that I wanted the quilt to be a bit smaller (to fit a 60" wide plush backing I have), so I used 2" sashing and 5" for the outer border. The quilt top is 54"x68". The blocks are 12".
The patterns for this BOM will only be available online for a few more months, then they will be a paid pattern. The new block of the month (Yankee Diary) started this week on the Civil War Quilts blog, so now I can start that one, but first I need to finish quilting my Medallion quilt.


Lately I have been working on appliqué because yesterday I taught an appliqué class to a local quilt group - I thought every one did so well, I had such a good time and met such wonderful ladies.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...