Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Little Hanger

When my children were born they each came home from the hospital in this sweater.


Hard to imagine they were this small - the sweater is so tiny, only 10" from top to bottom, and it was big on my babies. My Mother made the sweater almost 26 years ago when I was expecting my first child. Hard to photograph the colour - it is a lovely shade of grey green, with mother of pearl buttons. The pattern is a classic baby sweater designed by Elizabeth Zimmerman (Baby Sweater on Two Needles).
It just seemed too cute to be sitting in a trunk so I thought I would make a little padded hanger and hang it in my sewing room.


I used Liberty Tana Lawn cotton for the hanger (a folded regular metal hanger is inside).


Finished with a bow.


It goes well with the collection of baby clothes already hanging in my sewing room (the other ones are from my Mother's family).


The hanger was a little break from quilting this medallion quilt. I have stitched in the ditch with a walking foot, and am now deciding what to quilt where!


Another break was over-dyeing some handspun yarn that I just didn't like the colour of.


The ones in the pot ended up being dyed with black (the two skeins at the top), and the lower one was over-dyed similar to a pair of socks I just finished knitting and loved the colour scheme (it had started out a very pale, odd colour). I am much happier with these colours.


Theses are the socks I just finished knitting with store bought yarn that I dyed.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...