Monday, January 25, 2016

Old and New Blocks


I finished piecing the Flowering Snowball quilt blocks (42, 12" blocks). I just need to play with the layout a bit more and then sew the blocks together.


It was time to cut out another piecing project. This is all the fabric cut for a 98" square Pineapple Quilt (49 blocks).
I chose the Marti Michell Pineapple ruler because other ways I saw of piecing pineapple blocks involved piecing large strips of fabric and trimming off the corners - which seems wasteful to me. This method I was able to cut all the pieces out ready to just be sewn together.


These are 1" finished strips, and the blocks are 14" square.


First 4 blocks so far. They went together beautifully - all the pieces are trimmed perfectly with the ruler, to make piecing so easy.


I plan on this being my year project, for when I just want to go sew for a while.

3 rabbits in the yard seems to causes problems!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

9 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Those pineapple blocks are just gorgeous.

Enjoy your snowy days.

Stitchin At Home said...

Your pineapple blocks are lovely! I may have to try this myself.

KaHolly said...

It looks like you are so organized when you start a project! I just cut and sew, no rhyme or reason. Pretty projects!

Raewyn said...

Two very beautiful quilts, Joanne...love the colours of the Pineapple!

Gayle said...

I love both of your projects!

paulette said...

Absolutely gorgeous blocks!! I look forward to watching this one grow!!

Sue SA said...

Love this block but like you never wanted to waste all those cut off corners, so thanks for enlightening about an appropriate tool.

Maxine said...

Love both quilts, especially the pineapple blocks .

zenuwpees said...

Magnifique quilt Marie-Claire