Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Another Stash Buster

I cut out another stash busting quilt -


This time with Asian fabric (I did buy 3 metres of beige to tie it all together, and to be able to make something a useable size - so not a true stash buster). I just had lots of little pieces and so it is nice to be able to make something with it.


I used the Rob Peter to Pay Paul GO! die for the cutting.


This is the layout (I think it will have to remain on the "design" floor until it is sewn together). The design creates circles - I cut out sets of four "melons" for each circle. Now for lots of sewing! It will be 54" x 70".


The last of the tulips from my garden - I planted these ones last fall.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Terri said...

Your layout is genius! Love the color combos especially the red!
Hugs

YankeeQuilter said...

love the layout! I'd be careful with the design wall...

Heather said...

Thanks for your feather tutorials. They gave me enough of a push to attempt my own feathers. Am practicing on small projects at present, though I am going to do a curved feather border soon. I posted a pic of my feather on my blog today.

Fiesta said...

It looks great Joann

Lesley said...

That quilt is going to be amazing! Great use of your fabrics!

knitnkwilt said...

In my book a quilt is still a stash buster when You have to buy a bit for unity. I like the pattern done with scraps and you have distributed the colors well.

Have I ever mentioned that I really like your blog top photo? Great arrangement.

Joan said...

I think you are amazing - Love the arrangement...Oh for Go :)

Missie of Hallbrook Designs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Missie of Hallbrook Designs said...

Love that pattern design! Nice stack of fabrics and they look wonderful together with that cream in the center. Great job! I use the Sizzix die cutter to cut some of my pieces. Aren't they a wonderful time saver!

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

I look forward to seeing this all finished! :)

onlinephduk said...

Hi there! I think the tulips are really lovely! My, are those for your project? I think the outcome will really look great and stunning! Good luck on your new project! I believe it will be a successful one. I just can’t wait to see it finished. Good luck!

Please visit My Website: Online Doctorate Psychology