Sunday, September 16, 2012

Trying to Get Back in the Swing of Things!

I haven't done much blogging recently, but now things are starting to get back to a regular routine.

We had a "stay-cation" at the end of summer -

"Top of the World" - Falcon Lake
we did some hiking,

Winnipeg Zoo
The Forks, Winnipeg
Canadian Museum for Human Rights (under construction)
Winnipeg
we took in some local sites, and we played lots of games. It was a lovely holiday, especially with the nice weather, we were able to enjoy our new patio.


I also started a new sweater (the free pattern is here, but I am using Patons Classic Wool),


 and I finished a pair of socks.


I have been sewing too.

Last weekend I taught the Pine Needlers quilt group, in Victoria Beach, Manitoba, a two day workshop on free motion quilting - the 17 ladies all did a great job, and they made it such a wonderful experience for me. I am looking forward to going back in the spring to see how their quilting is coming along. Practice, practice, practice! I really enjoyed teaching quilting and hope to do more in the future.

My new Quilt Along starts on Tuesday (the 18th of September). I am so pleased that so many of you are going to quilt along - makes it much more fun for me. The first blocks will be posted early Tuesday morning. More information for the Quilt Along is here.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

7 comments:

Missie of Hallbrook Designs said...

The quiltalong sounds fun! I will try to join you!

Lesley said...

Wow! You have been busy, with your staycation and all those projects. Love the quilt blocks and so nice to hear that you are having another quiltalong! Will look forward to seeing the blocks!

jill said...

You have some wonderful sites to see around home. The only thing I miss about San Diego...all the things to do. Well, maybe La Jolla and Coronado. Miss 'my' beaches;-)

You gave me quite a chuckle with the sweater and socks. We are still having high heat. Come on Fall!!!

blessings, jill

Raewyn said...

A Staycation sounds like a great idea!! That may be one holiday my hubby will take!! I'm looking forward to the quiltalong; it seems I'm taking part :-)!!!

Deanna said...

It is easy to get out of the swing of things. I, too, have been blogging (and sewing for that matter) very sparsely. I look forward to seeing the quiltalong.

luv2quilt2 said...

I'm really anxious for this quilt along. My cutting table is clear (well sort of), and my fabric and I are both ready to start.

Needled Mom said...

It looks like a wonderful stay-cation. We need those every once in awhile.