Today I was playing with fabric paints.
For these ones I used watercolour paints (my children's old school paint) with textile medium on wet fabric. For each one I only used two different colours, but as they sat drying, different colours appeared. I heat set them. The butterflies are stamped with fabric paint after.
This one is painted with fabric paint on dry fabric.
I then couched embroidery threads down (with a special sewing machine foot) using different types of sewing threads, and zig-zag or decorative stitches. It is the first time that I have used this foot and it worked very well.
All ready for quilting. This will be a quilt for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative.
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!♥