Thursday, November 24, 2011

Dresden Plate Quilting

It has been a busy week (3 days of volunteering). I am hoping to finish machine quilting the Dresden Plate quilt on Saturday.


There are 12 feathered wreathes all quilted and


the scalloped edge around the Dresden Plates. I wanted a really classic style of feathers for this quilt (I'll go into more details on how when I finish the quilt).


I am working on the background filler now (not such a classic style - for contrast).


I am using wool batting for this quilt. I bought it at the LQS for $75 for a King size, and purchased this King size package from Hamel's for $57 when they had free shipping last week (plus I saved a tax). I know where I will be buying batting from in the future.


The book I won from Wendy at Inky Threads came this week. She is having another great book giveaway until the 30th of November.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

Impera_Magna said...

What beautiful quilting... and perfect for this Dresden Plate quilt! Gorgeous!

Karen said...

Joanne - the quilt is beautiful ! Thank you for sharing...

Karen

YankeeQuilter said...

I haven't tried using the wool bat for machine quilting...I love how it needles for hand quilting! Your feathers look wonderful!

What Comes Next? said...

Gorgeous quilting! I love using wool batt - wonderful loft and so light weight. I hadn't considered Hamels for batting - I will now - that's a great price!

Needled Mom said...

What beautiful quilting you have done!

Joan said...

Wow Joanne - that is beautiful - the quilting is wonderful!

Linda said...

So gorgeous! Awesome quilting.

Wendy said...

Absolutely lovely!

Cheryl said...

Stunning!

Tammy said...

Hi Joanne, Your feathers are fantastic and the whole quilt is lovely. I want to fmq feathers like you when I grow up. Beautiful well done.

Kristie said...

Wow! That is truly beautiful! I just love the quilting on it. You always do such a wondeful job.
Kristie

Barb said...

wow the quilting stunning! It is adding so much to your already beautiful quilt!

Mel said...

Awesome... I read an articla about the dresden plate quilting a few years back. It's wonderful to see an actual quilt using this technique. Thanks for sharing!

Blessings,
Mel