Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Inspiration??

I have been back for a week now and getting back into the swing of things.


I decided to move my sewing machine back into the basement (this is supposed to be my sewing area), to see if I would enjoy that more, bonus - the "mess" can stay out longer.



I have been working on the Henrietta Whiskers blocks. These are the last two blocks to applique.

I went to my parents home this weekend,


here is a picture of my Mother's quilt that I machine quilted earlier this year (it is on a king size bed).



These are three baby quilts that my Mom made with fabric I received from Marcus Fabrics (as a gift because some fabric I bought was not correct). The center one is made with the GO! baby tumblers (I machine quilted it in July). We are donating them to the Children's Hospital.



We have had some incredible weather lately. Last week it was 30°C, and tonight there is a risk of frost - oh well. Today was also so windy.

Good to be back! Thank-you to every one who joined me on my vacation and left me kind comments (with some wonderful suggestions).

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Stray Stitches said...

Welcome back! I enjoyed your travel updates.
The Henrietta blocks are so cute. Your Mother's quilt is beautiful and fits the bed perfectly. I'm sure the little quilts will be well loved and appreciated.
Stay warm tonight!

corina said...

Yes, Welcome back! It must be a little hard to get switched back to our time zone. I love the treadle sewing table and noticed you have the same iron as me. I have to watch out when I'm at a class because I always forget to stand the iron up! Your quilts are lovely. So nice you are donating for the little ones.

Deanna said...

So glad you are safely and happily home.

Manoli C. said...

Welcome back!
Your Mother's quilt is beautiful and your sewing area...

Impera_Magna said...

Welcome home! I enjoyed all your travel posts and am glad you all had a great time!

Love your basement sewing area...I'm afraid I'd never leave if I had a place that beautiful!

Sheila said...

Enjoyed your updates on your travels , thanks for sharing those and it is nice to have you back home safe and sound . Love the quilts you are donating to the hospital how generous of you and your Mom. I think you will enjoy having that much sewing space awesome!

Wendy said...

Welcome back!!!

My Sweet Prairie said...

Hello from Saskatoon! Yes it just got cold here too. Hey feel free to link up here if you like!

http://needleandthreadnetwork.blogspot.com

: )
~Monika

Linda said...

Welcome home, Joanne!! I love your sewing space. It's always fun to see where people create!

Myra said...

You have a great space there to sew in! Very cozy looking! 8-)

Your mom's quilt and the baby quilts are wonderful Joanne!

Seems we don't know how to dress from one day to another!! Sheesh!

Have a great weekend!