Sunday, July 26, 2026

Week 30 of 2026

This week I made a few things -

I sewed a woven t-shirt with some fabric I was given (maybe a viscose linen blend).
I modified the Sydney Designer Dress by Style Arc pattern for the top. It is the top, bodice/sleeves section elongated to make a t-shirt. I added an elastic at the bottom, along with a little "tie" on the side. I have made this top a couple of times before, and find it nice to wear.
Finished weaving some tea towels. I had put a simple, bright warp on the loom for the summer - the easiest kind of weaving for summer time.
Tour de Fleece wrapped up today (Tour de Fleece Femmes is the first week in August, so I will spin more then). I spun every day for three weeks and this is the results - enough for a sweater (grey skeins) and a pair of socks (red skein), as well as the start of more sock yarn. Also the first skein spun on the Indian Head wheel - I wanted to see if the yarn would be useable as a single (not plied), and I think it will be (it is the brown skein).

Photos from Around -

Molly happy to go for a walk.
My gardening companion GingerSnap!.
Miss Maggie joined us on a walk.
We have had just the right amount of rain so far this summer, and the gardens are doing so well.
My son took some drone photos for me.
The front of the house.
Perennial beds in the back yard - the Lillies are in full bloom.
Vegetable garden.
The roof is doing well, and with all the storms recently we are glad that we replaced it in the spring.

All the best!♥︎

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...